During a comprehensive eye exam, our team of eye doctors in Neptune and Brick do much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. They also check your eyes for common eye diseases and evaluate your eyes as an indicator of your overall health.
What Can Happen If You Don’t Take Routine Care Seriously?
Treatable diseases like Glaucoma and Diabetes, if ignored, can cause permanent vision loss. Our team of experts offer comprehensive exams that are extremely thorough—allowing for accurate diagnosis, treatment, and/or monitoring of each patients’ individual condition. Staying current with your eye exams will not only help prevent serious eye conditions in the future, but can also reveal health problems that may otherwise go unnoticed.
Importance Of Advanced Technology
State-of-the-art technology is an important component when it comes to Routine Care. The eye doctors at Del Negro & Senft Eye Associates perform state-of-the-art analysis such as Computerized Refraction System, Visual Field Analyzer, Fundus & External Photos, Optos and OCT/Spectralis. They pride themselves on being at the forefront of advanced technology in order to provide patients with the finest care available.
What Can I Expect During A Routine Care Exam?
The eye doctors at Del Negro & Senft Eye Associates perform a thorough exam which includes:
- Complete Medical History
- Automated Refraction to provide accurate scripts for contact lenses and/or glasses
- Eye Pressure Check with detailed examination of the retina
- Dilation in order to achieve a clear view of the retina
- If additional testing was ordered from your previous visit it would be completed at this time
Goal of Your Routine Exam
Our team of eye doctors will discuss any changes or concerns regarding your vision. Ultimately, they develop a customized treatment plan with your particular lifestyle in mind, in order to achieve your best possible vision. A variety of options including glasses and/or contact lenses, will be discussed, depending on your candidacy.
Additional Protocol For Contact Lens Wearers
In conjunction with your annual comprehensive eye exam, a complete contact lens evaluation is also necessary with either Dr. Shah or Dr. Wiedeman for those who currently wear or have an interest in wearing contact lenses. The following contact lens services are provided during your Contact Lens Evaluation that are NOT part of a standard eye exam:
- Detailed slit lamp biomicroscope exam of the contact lenses on your eyes to check the lens fit and to determine if there are any adverse effects from contact lens wear
- Contact lens refraction to determine the correct prescription power (a contact lens prescription is different than an eyeglass prescription)
- Review of new contact lens designs, materials, and solutions that may improve comfort and health of your eyes