- FATTY FISH – Feast on wild caught mackerel, sardines, trout, and salmon rich in DHA and other OMEGA 3s to promote retina health and aid in the production of healthy tears.
- DARK GREEN LEAFY VEGGIES – Leafy greens like kale, spinach, and broccoli rabe are filled with antioxidants that have protective benefits and lower the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
- BEANS & LEGUMES – Alfalfa, clover, peas, beans, chickpeas, lentils, lupin bean, mesquite, carob, soybeans, peanuts, tamarind, and other nutritious legumes are the best sources of lean vegetarian protein that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This helps fend off age-related macular degeneration.
- EGG YOLKS – Egg yolks are a great source of lutein, zeaxanthin, and zinc – all of which have protective qualities for the retina and also reduce the risks of developing cataracts.
- CITRUS & BERRIES – These provide a great natural source of Vitamin C, which has shown to reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts when incorporated into a healthy diet.
- NUTS – Almonds, peanuts, pistachios, and cashews are rich in antioxidants, specifically Vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids. These nuts can lower the risk for cataracts and dry eyes.
Comments are closed here.