- An estimated 3.2 million women age 50 and over and 1.68 million men age 50 and over are affected by dry eye syndrome.
- More than 82 million people in the US are affected by blepharitis.
WE HAVE EXPANDED OUR DRY EYE TREATMENT PROGRAM
Dry Eye and Blepharitis are such common issues. Our goal is to create a customized, long term regimen to promote tear, ocular surface, and meibomian gland health. This customized treatment plan will force bothersome conditions into an asymptomatic state whereby patients can easily go about their day without irritation, pain, or discomfort. If you suffer from chronic irritation, red, watery eyes, or styes don’t give up hope.
With this customization in mind, Del Negro & Senft Eye Associates have added a few options to our Dry Eye Treatment Program: BlephEx™ in office procedure, PRN Omega-3 Nutriceuticals, and a heat mask compress.
IN OFFICE TREATMENT FOR BLEPHARITIS
BlephEx™ stands for microblepharoexfoliation, a painless procedure that safely and effectively removes the scurf and excess bacteria and biofilm that is responsible for the majority of low-grade inflammatory blepharitis, the primary cause of chronic dry eye disease.
With the BlephEx treatment Drs. Glatman and Wiedeman can precisely and safely clean and exfoliate your eyelids and lashes, which will almost immediately improve your symptoms. More importantly, by completely removing the exotoxin-laden biofilm along the lid margin, they can help you avoid the long-term inflammatory damage to your tear glands, preventing chronic dry eye syndrome.
If you are a candidate for the treatment, Drs. Glatman or Wiedeman can perform this painless, in-office procedure in under 10 minutes. The BlephEx handpiece is used to gently and carefully, spin a medical grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids.
The disposable micro-sponge is used for each individual eyelid so bacteria is not spread between the lids. The eyes are then rinsed thoroughly.
PRN OMEGA-3 NUTRICEUTICALS
Not all Omega-3 products are created equal.
- PRN removes Toxins from Unpurified Native Oil with heat and ethyl alcohol for concentration of Omega-3.
- PRN takes an additional step to Remove Ethyl Alcohol in order to create a pure, Re-esterified Triglyceride (rTG) Form of Omega-3s.
- This extraction process produces omega-3s similar to those found in nature when you eat foods like fish. This allows for 3x more easy absorption and means no ‘fish burps.’ *
- Eye Omega Benefits®/ 4 softgels daily
Help for those with occasional dry eye symptoms such as scratchy or red eyes.
Offers a safe and effective means of addressing occasional dry eye symptoms systemically rather than topically. Supports proper tear function.*
- Dry Eye Omega Benefits® Liquid/ 1 teaspoon daily
A liquid alternative to 4 softgels of PRN Dry Eye Omega Benefits®
If you have trouble swallowing softgels, this is the ideal alternative. It provides the same benefits as the softgel tabs, but it is in a pleasant tasting, easy to swallow liquid formula.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HEAT MASK COMPRESS
Patients use these masks alone or in conjunction with oral antibiotics, tear savers, artificial tears, gel tears, cleansing lid margin with baby shampoo, or BlephEx in-office treatment to provide relief. Del Negro & Senft Eye Associates offers two masks for in-office purchase:
- Monocular (One Eye) Mask Compress – This single eye solution, featuring MediBeads® technology, is ideal for busy schedules. The smart design makes it convenient for patients to treat a stye with warm, moist heat while still being able to go about their daily activities. It will loosen debris by the lash line making it easy to be removed. Simply heat for 15 seconds in the microwave then apply over closed eye for 10 minutes. Repeat as needed. (Instructions provided in packaging. DO NOT overheat.)
- Gel Mask- Relax and renew with this spa-like treatment. Microwave gel mask for 30 seconds and apply for 10 minutes. This warm compress encourages the meibomian glands on the eyelids to produce more lipids therefore elevating the quality of tears produced, which, in turn, relieves the symptoms of dry eye. Repeat as needed. (Instructions provided in packaging. DO NOT overheat.)
OVERVIEW OF ALL DRY EYE TREATMENT PROGRAM OPTIONS:
- PRN Dry Eye Omega Benefits (Omega-3s)
- BlephEx™ in-office treatment
- Warm Compress (Gel Heat Mask OR Monocular Mask)
- Washing Lashes With Baby Shampoo
- Wiping with medicated lid scrubs
- Lubricating Tears
- Restasis® or Xiidra®
- Gel Tears
- Punctal Plugs (Tear Savers)
- Topical Antibiotics
- Steroid Eye Drops